Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer is coming to an end

Time sure seem to fly. We only have 2 more weeks with Hannah and Ashlyn at our home. Then we will be taking them back to their mom's house for the school year. Hannah will be turning 8 next week and is very excited for her birthday and baptism. Mark will be baptizing her in St. George on Aug 1. It's been a good summer. It's definitely been challenging as the girls are trying to adjust to a different environment and household. They are pretty good sports about it though, and try to work things out well. Mark has done a great job at taking care of all of the girls. I know his patience wears thin, and many times when I get home in the evening, he just needs some "alone" time. He's still jogging, nearly daily, and this is a great stress reliever for him.

Makayla is growing so well. She is outgrowing some of her newborn outfits, and so it's been fun to start trying on other clothes that previously were too big for her. She is smiling so much now, and will even giggle a little here and there. The girls love to hold her and to play with her. Hannah had her giggling a little tonight too. I think they will miss each other, and it will be interesting to see how their reunions go in the future.

I'm doing fine. I'm plugging along at work, wondering how the next few months will play out. Wondering if I will continue working there, or if I'll be leaving. Wondering what kind of job I'd be able to find in another city. I enjoy the evenings with the family. When I get home, the baby usually just wants me to hold her and feed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

counter