Sunday, October 2, 2011

October is here

Brynn is growing up so quickly.  She is a very good baby.  She enjoys playing with her toys and to watch Makayla. 
Getting better at tummy time.
Finally it is Fall.  We are sooo excited for the weather to cool down.  It gets down to the 90s during the day and we feel so lucky.  The cool part, literally, is that the nights are cooling down, which is lovely.  One more month of the heat, I think, and then our electric bill should come down from the $400s.  Yikes. 

My sister Kammi was here for about 2 months.  She was great.  She babysat for us whenever we needed.  It was such a stress relief to have her here.  I enjoyed talking to her and building a relationship with her!  Thanks Kammi.

Makayla really enjoyed Kammi too.  She pronounced her name Kahmi.  It rhymes with mommy.  Then Makayla combined mommy and Kahmi, and call both of us Yommy.  Nice.  Makayla will still call me Yommy sometimes.  I have to stop and tell her to say "Mommy" and she will then say Mommy.

Brynn likes to sit in this corner of the couch. It gives her a good view of both the kitchen and the family room.

I forgot to mention before that in July we purchased a new van.  yes, yes, we've joined all the soccer moms out there.  It is a top of the line Toyota Sienna 2011.  Mark insisted on new, top of the line, if we were going to get a van.  Surprisingly, he says that he loves the van.  I think he just loves all the bells and whistles.  It is really nice to drive, but honestly, I feel a little silly driving something that fancy.  We traded in the Highlander (sad, I miss that car), and we still have the old Civic.

Another thing I forgot to mention in my last post was that the 4th of July was a little silly.  I bought some sparklers for the girls.  I guess Hannah and Ashlyn haven't seen them before, and were acting all scared of them.  It was a bit of a disappointment for me, because it was supposed to be fun, and they didn't even want to hold them at first.  I remember twirling them around and writing my name in the air.  We then piled in the car and went to watch the fireworks.  That turned out much better and the evening ended just fine.

Such a happy little thing

Mark started in school to become a personal trainer.  He is very excited about it.  He enjoys learning and will even initiate study sessions without me harping on him to do it.  The class finishes in December, and he plans to take the national test soon after.  The goal is to get a job as a personal trainer right away and to quit his current job.  He really hates his current job, so he is looking forward to getting a new one, especially in a gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment

counter